There are three ways of ordering vital records from the Virginia Department of Health state office, by mail, walk in service, or online through the VitalChek system. Each search/certificate costs $12 dollars. Birth and death records are available from 1853 to 1896 and 1912 to present. Marriage records from 1853 to present and divorce records from 1912 to present are also available.
Birth records older than 100 years of age and death, marriage and divorce records 50 years of age are considered public records.
Division of Vital Records and Division of Health Statistics 2001 Maywill Street P. O. Box 1000 Richmond, Virginia 23230
Adult age adoptees (18) are able to recieve non-identifying information regarding their birth family. Indentifying information is available if the birth family has agreed to have their information shared. Adoptive parents who's adoption occured after 1994 are able to access non-identifying information on behalf of the adoptee.
Virginia Department of Social Services
801 East Main Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Parcel information and mapping data is maintained by local governments which include local county agencies for lower population areas. Larger metropolitian areas are governed by the city level government.
• Fairfax County Property Search
• Virginia Beach Web Mapping
• Price William County Real Property
• Chesterfield County Property Search
• Henrico County Property Search
• Loudoun County Real Property
• City of Norfolk Parcel Information
• Chesapeake Property Information
• Arlington Real Estate Assessments
• Richmond Parcel Mapper
• City of Newport GIS Map Viewer